Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sources of Inspiration

Hi there. Having a blog is a pretty new experience for me, but I'll try to convey my thoughts the best I can.
     So I had a really great time running in the Spina Bifida 5 k last week.  Some PCAD faculty were there too. I haven't run in awhile, school and all that, so 28:30 was good for me even though it's kind of a bad time for anyone else. It was for a good cause though, and was an awesome experience.
      I also want to share a pair of awesome fantasy artists with you. In school I'm just beginning a pair of portrait illustrations on two artists, and I thought it would be awesome to share one of them with you.
Arthur Rackham was a fantasy artist that lived late 1800's early 1900's. Everything about his work is awesome, and he's done illustration for a lot of fairy tales and some Poe poems, among others. He definitely deserves a look. Here is a good place to start, but a good google search can bring up a bunch of his work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment